Sunday 12 September 2010

The Girl Experiment

As a result of several unrelated forces in my life, I have decided to embark on what I am calling "The Girl Experiment" and I have recruited Megan to join me on this quest.

Here's the why:
1. My small group is reading Captivating, and though most aspects of that book aggravate me more than empower me, I am intrigued as to why it is so provocative. Why do I want to say "ugg!" and avoid having conversations about feeling like a princess. It all kind of makes my skin crawl. That's not good, I'm guessing.
2. It is very common indeed to hear all of us single girls moan about the lack of good men. I want a man to act like a man. So I guess I should act like a woman or keep my mouth shut (or are those the same thing?). Either way, I need to take my own cues and embrace my gender.
3. I've been hurt very badly and I am cynical. I just realized the full import of this recently and decided to release the bitterness I did not know I had. I am ready to smile at strangers again.
Here's the how:
For one week, Megan and I are committing to being girls. Real, true girls. Here are the conditions:
1. Must make bed every morning.
2. Must have everything properly shaved at all times.
3. Must apply lotion directly after leaving shower.
4. Must blow dry hair into a style.
5. Must apply proper and complete makeup.
6. Must not leave house unless prepared to "bump into" ex-boyfriend.
7. Must encourage and scream appropriately for girlfriends.
8. Must pretend men are funny and charming even when they are not.
9. Must always be wearing "sexy" underwear.
10. Must always behave like we are wearing "sexy" underwear.
The Materials:
In preparation for "The Girl Experiment" I spent $100 at CVS. Here is my shopping list:
1. Navy blue eyeliner
2. Pink lipstick
3. Pink sparkle nailpolish
4. Nail polish remover
5. Facewash
6. Feminine Deodorant (figured I should throw out my Old Spice and not smell like a man).
7. Shampoo that smells good
8. Firming/Tinted lotion for legs
9. Lotion for arms, elbows, hands and rest of body
10. Razorblades
11. Shave gel
12. Exfoliating Body Wash
Let "The Girl Experiment" Begin!

1 comment:

  1. I am intrested to hear what your findings are! Ha ha! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete